Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dearly beloved,

Gamma knife went fairly smoothly. I'd forgotten how unpleasant having the halo put on was. They really ratchet that sucker on tightly. Once it's on, it's not that big a deal other than it makes your head heavy. The MRI seemed to take a long time, and it was uncomfortable because my back was sore. The gamma knife itself? Seven minutes. Sort of anti-climactic. Extremely. I was really scared about this one.



The MOST unpleasant part, in my opinion, is when they take the halo OFF. Fifteen minutes of intense, insane pressure headache. I was rubbing my forehead, covering my eyes, and still so painful that I thought I might hurl. But then the pressure evens out, and it goes away. It's a pretty miraculous technology.



Up and around that afternoon, hanging out with friends in a lawn chair in the living room (I wanted to prop my feet up....And four bruises on my skull, two in front, two back in my hair. I hope I don't lose any hair permanently. The steroid didn't seem to make me nearly as hyper, I got two decent nights' sleep. I did fall asleep during last night's ballet, as well, but it was sort of...not dull, but repetitive. Great dancers, I was just too exhausted.

Not too bad a case of the jitters. It may be that I've already adjusted to the slightly higher dose that I'm on. Very curious to see the next MRI, and how that one looks down the road. Dances with SQUIDBRAINS!



IF anyone sees adult tutus or long, full prom dress at their local second hand store for under 10 dollahs, send them my way.



Hugs to all,
grundoon

No comments:

Post a Comment