Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No rest for the wicked

So it's been a bit of an exciting day. I unfortunately had a seizure this morning. (Luckily I DIDN'T have it while driving I-80 to work...)

My right arm started to twitch, and I was having trouble typing. I went into the bathroom to take one of the drugs, and then my right arm REALLY started to twitch - it was jumping up and down..I also started to get dizzy. I went in to the kitchen to call 911, and by the time I got there I was losing my balance. I started to dial with my right hand, and realized it wouldn't work. I dialed 911 with my left, and then my whole right side went out from under me. I heard the dispatcher asking what was wrong, and then it was like a huge electrical shock.

Next thing I knew, there were seven GINORMOUS policemen at the door - all the dispatcher heard was me yelling before I passed out, so they were expecting a home invasion. I managed to bite the hell out of my tongue, too.

No doubt Village Homes has not seen that many cop cars in a while - five, and two fire trucks - way to make an impressin on the new neighbors. So I went to Sutter in a ambulance with a VERY cute paramedic and a grumpy blond paramedic, and had another CT scan, and the swelling around the brain tumor is back up.

Fallout -
I can't drive until the Doc and the DMV clear me. Dog my cats and rowrbazzle.

If I have another one, I'm supposed to lay down on my side until it's over, and then head for the ER. I'm on a new anti-seizure med, so hopefully it won't be an issue, but the driving will.


So other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

I'm a little frustrated. I was really wishing for a short BREAK from medical foo foo raw.

Cheers,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment